What do I need to provide to support my claim?
If you don't have all the documents we ask you to provide to support your claim, don't panic. Here’s what to do.
If you’ve lost (or don’t have) a receipt:
- Provide us with a Credit Card statement that shows the purchase of the item.
- Provide a warranty for the item or any other documentation you might have which confirms your ownership of the particular item.
- Ask the store you purchased the item from to provide you with a copy of the purchase receipt.
If the item was a gift:
- You will need to ask the person who gave it to you for the receipt or a copy of any of the above.
If you don’t have an official report
(eg. Medical Report, Property Irregularity Report, Repair Report)
If we’ve asked you to provide a Police Report, Medical Report or some other documentation to verify the facts of your claim and you don’t have them:
- Try to contact the relevant authority or person and ask them to give you a copy of the report (or some other documentation in writing).
- In some cases, organisations or airlines simply do not provide reports in writing. If this is the case, make a note of the company/organisation you contacted, the person you called, their position and their contact details in case we need to contact them directly to clarify the facts of your claim. (You will be able to enter these details on the documents page.)
- If you're claiming for damaged goods, you will need to get a repair report if you don't already have one.
- If there is nobody you can contact to get one, don’t worry. We consider each claim on its merits, and where there are extenuating circumstances, will take these into consideration when we review your claim.